Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ticketmaster really pisses me off

Rebecca and I were going to go see the Bravery on Sunday, but tickets were like $25 each with charges. So when 94.7 FM here in Portland emailed a chance to buy tickets to their December to Remember series, cheap $9.47 ticket concert for the Bravery, we were psyched! But, Ticketmaster charges a 45% "Convenience charge" for... what? If my tickets were $125, like they are for Bon Jovi (No, I would not go see Bon Jovi, just wanted to compare expensive tickets) the $17.60 convenience charge is only 14%. Unacceptable in my opinion. My sub-$25 evening if I could purchase the tickets in advance at the door turned into a ~$32 evening. I know, it's only $7, right... but that $7 is 37% of the ticket price.



Not only that, but Ticketmaster will charge me $2.50 to print my own tickets? So they'll print out and send them to me via post for free, but they'll charge me 13% per ticket to save them the cost to print, stick in envelope and mail.



I would like to see this change in the future. It's bordering on unfair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok that blows...but we're still going right?

;)

~Rebecca