Thursday, January 29, 2009

Uni-corns win again

Last night was our second soccer game as the Uni-corns. First off, I love playing at the MJCC. Not having to worry about rafters makes playing soccer so much more fun. While the field is a little smaller, I can't tell when I'm out playing. Competition-wise, we've steamrolled our first 2 opponents, 9-1 and 9-2. I've scored 3 (the max for a guy) each game, and while my 3 in game 1 were all cleanups, my 3 last night were actually nice goals. One was a close shot to the left of the keeper as he challenged, one was a nutmeg. Just before my third, I kicked a guy in the back of the leg as I was going for the ball. This stretched out a chronic injury in my ankle and really hurt badly. It was painful to stand but I could run ok. I got a pass from Nathan that I stopped with my left foot and immediately kicked it with the right, scoring my final goal. Ice and vitamin I were on the menu at that point.

It'll be interesting to see how well we do next week, as Nathan is no longer on the team. He has a job or something... I think we'll still do well though.

Plus, we have an awesome logo. Shirts to follow!

2 comments:

Nate Tack said...

Yeah our team is rad, no thanks to me of course. Still, it is good watching other players to get a feel for how the game is supposed to be played.

jesse said...

You're easily the most improved player so far Nate!