Friday, December 26, 2008

Potrero Chico 08: Day 1 - My first day at Potrero Chico

Wow.



I like waking up to that! Today was great. Nathan, China and Kawai all took a rest day, as we're going to get on some harder stuff tomorrow. I wanted to be a good boy and climb some moderate stuff today to get used to the rock. 10b, 10b, 10c and 10d. All moderate, all very good! Since I was the only one climbing, it was a short day, and we all needed to go to the market anyway. On the way back from climbing though, we passed a little girl that wanted her picture taken. Of course her sister had to join in the fun.





Luckily we caught a ride in the back of someone's truck, as it's a bit of a walk into town.







The market was busy, but not as big as Tuesday's, according to Nathan. I had a ear of corn with mayonaise and sweet chili sauce, which was as good as Nathan said. We had gorditas across the path from a guy that was selling dried cat guts (or something) to relieve stomach issues and back pain. They looked more like bean pods to me, but whatever.

The temps tonight are perfect. This is a fantastic place, and I'm so glad I'm finally here! The first people I met outside our group was David and Caroline from Australia. They're both really cool and quite funny. I also saw Chris Leisch at the market, a buddy from St. Louis/SoIll. Pretty crazy running into someone you haven't seen in 5 years in a foreign country, but cool nonetheless.

Stay tuned for more pics tomorrow.

Today's pics

No comments: