Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're Still Hetero-Lifemates, Just Further Apart

For the last few months I've been preparing for Bobby to head off to law school. His trip to S. America was good practice, as he was gone 3 weeks. Every dynasty has to come to an end. This one started freshman year in college, when I moved out of a room with the Smartest Man In The World and Bobby took my spot. In no time we were good friends, taking Calc II with a Russian spy first then a barbershop quartet master second.

Lots of frisbee, a cat, and a few years later, he and Gillian moved out to Portland. He asked me to move out once, and I told him I'd chill in StL for a bit longer. He called up a few weeks later, and I agreed to move out to Oregon. My only intel was from Fugitives and Refugees. Without even visiting, I moved out, and never regretted that decision. I knew I could trust Bobby's opinion on something that important.

4 years and 4 different addresses later, it's time for him to move on. We never fought, once, in the 8 years we've known each other. Never even raised our voices at each other. I think that tells enough about our relationship. The only thing I ever got upset about was how he took his 42" LCD 1080p HD TV with him when he moved out. Sometimes he can be SO selfish.

No comments: