Wednesday, August 13, 2008

C-O-L-O-R-A-D-O

It's been 5 years since I was in CO last. This time I made it out for Popes's wedding. The Very Reverend and Rector told us we weren't allowed to take photos during the ceremony, and this is the only "good" shot I took:



Yeeeeeeeeeah, not so good with the camera... Anyway, it was a blast. I few in Friday night and stayed at Zach's, a friend from college. It was great to see him for a few days. Sebs, another friend and climbing buddy from college was in town too, as was Eric Venker. Here's a pic of Sebs Grrrring down on a V12 up at Mt. Evans. We started off at Echo Lake, 10,600 ft in elevation. Because of the altitude, I didn't do much climbing. 4 problems, V4 and lower. Still had a hell of a time though. Congrats to Curtis for finally sending Dali sit start (V9 folks, V9.)


Eric cranking on a V12.

The next few days were spent with Brent and Tara, climbing around Boulder.



We first went up to Avalon in Boulder Canyon, where we warmed up on 2 of the funnest 10s I've been on in a long time. I ended the day by sending a 12a second try. It really should have been an onsight, but oh well.
I ended up skipping clips 1, 3 and 5 on the send. w00t!



Check out the rest of the pics here.

Btw, that pic of me flexing my back with all those scratches... that's Graston. Brent did some "therapy" and it was owwie, but I did feel better the next day. I'll go ahead and attribute my V7 onsight at The Spot to that sadistic man's "therapy."

No comments: