Monday, February 25, 2008

Another recap

I've been meaning and wanting to write, even thinking about what I would write and how I would write it... yet I haven't. Let's go back a few weeks:

Went to Jim and Hanmi's for a 3 person bday party. Met Joseph Healy, one of the Beacon Rock guys, and one of the original climbers to put up routes in Southern Illinois. It was crazy to find someone that knew SoIll better than I did, especially concerning the history.

Soccer has been good. We've had a few close games, and the last one was a bit stressful. I would have scored, but a defender had a hand ball and the ref didn't call it. It was pretty much disgusting.

Went to Broughton last Sunday and did 2 routes, Edges and Ledges, 5.9 and Shoot from the Hip, 10c. The latter is THE HARDEST of the grade I've ever done. I tried it once a few years back, and though I'm climbing much better now, it was still as hard.

Went to Madrone on Saturday with Nathan, my mom and her friend Tommy. There was one other couple there, so we had the place to ourselves. The only part that sucked was my van was robbed. I think the back hatch was unlocked, and some thieves took everything: 6 disc CD changer (haven't used it in 4 years, and they left the control unit,) a bunch of mp3 CDs, my Wolverine Pez dispenser, car manual, 15 year old Tae Kwon Do bag filled with random workout clothes, and I just realized this morning, my workout bag with mp3 player, new lock, and my New Balance shoes. They left the $25 stainless steel water bottle though, maybe because it was my mom's and they only wanted my stuff.

Yesterday I rode my bike to Powell's and read the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy. It had been a while since I read a good comic book, and the Ultimates series are much more adult in content.

Now, I'm off to an 8:30 meeting in Wilsonville for a project with at most 1/3 the budget needed. Yaaaaaay!

2 comments:

Brent Apgar said...

Dude, sorry to hear about the Wolverine Pez widget.
Shoot from the hip for sure makes the top 3 hardest 10c's I've ever done. I flailed the first time I got on it and the girl I went w/ On-sighted it... hope that makes you feel a little better. =)
-BA

jesse said...

I thought for a second I would go back and do it again, but then I came to my senses.