Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's Recap

I haven't written much lately with substance as to what's going on, so here's an update.

Climbing
I did my first v8 tonight. Yes, it was on plastic... regardless, I'm very stoked. I started training a few months ago, and I can feel a real improvement. 5s and 6s are taking me only a few tries, if even that. 7s are getting dispatched in a day or two, and this first 8... took me 3 days. It has been a great experience because I've never worked a single problem that long. Did it first try today, felt easy. Good stuff.

Work
We just moved into our new office! We took a few loads before our big move on Friday afternoon. All went well, and we all feel really good about it. I hooked up my 3rd monitor (finally) and we've been building a content management system in RAILS. Oh hell yes! Only took a few years to try it out, and it's going very well. I think it's going to become part of Swipht's toolbox, which is a very good thing.

Family
Nathan has decided to pursue his bachelor's in nursing. He's taking the pre-requisites now and will apply next year or something. It's still a little confusing to me. He seems very happy with his path though, so that's good.

Art
I thought of a cool art project: photos of the nice/cool neon signs around Portland. I took a few pics already but my camera isn't very good, so when it gets nicer out I'll buzz around some night with my mom and get some better ones. Should be fun.

Ok, that's it. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning... so that's fun.

1 comment:

kalliope said...

I look forward to seeing your neon sign shots. That's always been an interest of mine too, I've got a few posted on my flickr site, mostly from Seattle. Have never seen Portland as a neon town, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ich_kalliope/