Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week in review

yes, mid-week...

Friday: I went to my company's holiday party at my boss' house. All the current coworkers came, and a few past colleagues too. Ewan and Yosh, former business partners in Ziran, were there and it was really nice to see them in good spirits again. It had been quite a while since they had seen each other, and old grudges seemed to fade away. I played Rock Band for the first time, and it was HELLA fun. The most fun I've had playing a video game in years.

Saturday: I had another soccer game. With most of the team not there, we had 4 ringers. We scored 4 goals... all by our ringers. One played keeper the whole time which was nice for me. The other team was down a girl so we matched them until their 3rd girl came. It was a great game. I had a nice assist off the boards but no goals.

Sunday: I met up with Joe Neff to play more Rock Band. Turns out he's freakin' great on the drums. I killed it on guitar and bass, and gained a newfound appreciation for real musicians, especially the better ones.

Edit: Duh, I forgot to write about the holiday lights bike ride. Amy and Dave from the PRG and soccer team hosted a little get together before we took a bike ride around town. We went through NE and some of NW, then through SE. Amy and I got to see the holiday light boats, which are these boats that have... you guessed it: holiday lights on them. I was smart enough to NOT bring my camera (not even sure why I bought the damn thing since I always forget it) and we ended on Peacock Lane. Here's a map of the ride, almost getting back to my house (for me at least.) Btw, I was not expecting an 18 mile ride that night. Um, no map, Google won't serve it up. Not happy...

Monday: Played on Linux all day. While setting up servers isn't SUPER fun, it's nice to be back on the command line. Still, PHP sucks. I cannot wait to use Rails. And I went to my 2nd Queens of the Stone Age concert last night. They are such a tight band, it's incredible. Moira came too, and it was really nice hanging out with her. We got into a discussion on the Electoral College. Booooooooooooo!!! I need to look through this book again.

No comments: