Friday, November 09, 2007

My First Hip-Hop Show?

Last night I met up with my friend Q to see some hip-hop at the Roseland. Del tha Funkee Homosapien was headlining, opened by a band I missed, Buku One, and Devin the Dude. Buku was pretty rad. He had some really good flow and entertaining lyrics. Devin the Dude? What a STROKE! It was an hour long set about bitches, pussy and weed. At one point the bass was up so loud you couldn't even hear the words and I had to cover my ears. I was pretty much just waiting for him and his posse to get off the stage. The blind rapper he had with him though was pretty good and cool to see.

Then came Del. I only stayed for a few songs, but he was tight. An incredible amount of talent and fun songs. Hopefully I can see him again and I won't be as tired.

No comments: