Monday, October 01, 2007

Birthday Weekend

Friday was my 26th birthday. Not quite a normal birthday for me, because my mom was 26 when she had me. So, it's VERY strange for me to think of having a child at this age. I think I'm too selfish with my time, but I might as well take advantage of it while I can.

Friday night Shandra and I went to Syun, a sushi restaurant out in Hillsboro. While I normally wouldn't drive out there, I heard the sushi was good. It was actually great. Really fresh, good times. Then we went to my mom's for cake.

Saturday my mom and I went to BodyWorlds which was really cool. The plastination was amazing. I was struck by the creativity of the different poses and how invaluable they were in showing the different parts of the body. On the way out OHSU has a little health survey/test thing they were doing, and I learned I'm 5'11.5", 156.5lbs with a 32" waist. But we also did a cholesterol test and, even though I ate eggs and some cheese for breakfast, I could probably use a little aerobic exercise.

Saturday night I went to the Portland Ice Fest at the Portland Rock Gym. There was a little dry-tooling competition and I entered, though I had never dry-tooled before. I got up to the 8th of 12 holds easily but my tool just popped off. Had it not I would have easily sent the prelim route and been in the finals.

Sunday I saw Superbad with Nathan and Christy. Very funny, very crude. Check out the website.

That pretty much sums it up. Fun weekend.

No comments: