Monday, August 13, 2007

Madrone is Delicious!

Yesterday Shandra and I went out to Madrone for a few hours. I was surprised there were only 3 other people there. It was nice and cool and good texture. We did a few warm up routes, then I got my ass handed to me on a 12a called Talk, Talk, Talk (or at least I'm pretty sure that's the route.) The start is really damn hard and technical, with the crux basically being the first 2 bolts. I stick clipped the first, fell a few times on it, then ended up stick clipping the 2nd. First time I've ever had to do that! After the 3rd bolt there's about 20 feet of climbing on moss covered rock, which luckily I didn't pitch from.

On our way out, we picked fresh blackberries. I think we got close to 2 Nalgene bottles full. They are so damn good! Had a bunch in my cereal this morning and they were tasty!

No comments: