Thursday, January 11, 2007

I don't want to pay to climb

but I may have to...
Tonight at the PRG I was asked to buy a membership. This is hard for me for 2 reasons:
  1. Money is tight since I bought the house
  2. I've never paid to climb
I've been climbing for 6 years and I've only ever had to buy ONE 3 month membership. Yes, I'm lucky, and I shouldn't be complaining, as I've saved a shitload of money. Regardless, I feel like paying to climb is somehow lessing its meaning to me. I don't want to trivialize it with cash.

So, I'm going to ask Gary (the owner) if I can start setting again. What I'd like to do is just straight trade. A membership is $50/mo and I'd like to set 5 hours a month. I think I could go into areas that were set a while ago and spruce them up with some new problems. We'll see what he thinks. I'll do pretty much anything to not pay for climbing.

No comments: