Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yes, I did actually go back to Smith

It had been over 2 years, but I made it back down to Smith Rocks. Karen, Lola and I drove down Friday night and camped in the clear Oregon "desert-ish" skies.

Saturday, though I didn't really eat breakfast, I warmed up by sending an 11a. The supposed crux was right off the deck, though I didn't think it was that hard. Later however, I went a bit right instead of going a bit left. This definitely made the route 11a, if not a tad bit harder. Needless to say I hung on and sent. It was a great route, and Patrick took LOTS of pics. I'll post some as soon as I get them.

I also (for shits and giggles) got on Chain Reaction, classic 12c cover of the guide book. Up to the first crux on the arete was easy. The first crux? Hard. I didn't even make it past, though I'm pretty sure I could do the rest if I did make it past. Anyway, it was fun to fall on bolts again.

Sat night was Jaime's birthday party. I didn't watch the slideshow, as I was comfortable by the fire. Bad jokes and good conversations flew about.

Sunday I ate enough for breakfast then met up with Amy and Dave for some bouldering. The one boulder we found was quite nice. In fact, I'll be going straight there to warm up instead of waiting forever for easier routes to open up.

After my tendonitis kicked in I met up with Karen, then we bolted. She had a BADASS mix of songs from middle school, which was quite entertaining.

All in all, a very good weekend!

No comments: