Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thank You SWR

Thank you for another great show.

Tonight I got to see a favorite of mine, Mellowdrone, and a crazy good band, Ima Robot, open up for She Wants Revenge. I had no idea Mellowdrone was opening, so I thought it synchronistic that I listened to both their EPs earlier today.

Ima Robot was a pleasant suprise. I felt like they were a newer, male version of a crazy Blondie with more punk/hardcore or something. I don't know... hard to explain. Check them out.

And SWR... Justin and Adam are two extremely talented musicians. And the real reason for the "Thank You" is for covering Stripped by Depeche Mode. I haven't heard such a great cover live in a very long time. It was amazing. I couldn't help but wonder how many teenagers at the show even knew anything about the song or the band.

When SWR comes around again, I'll be there.

No comments: