Tuesday, June 20, 2006

the sweetest girl

Right before I went home for Nathan's graduation, a friend from high school got a hold of me via Facebook. Her name is Courtney and I hadn't seen her since my own graduation. We decided to meet up for iced cream on my first Sunday back home.

When I first saw her, I could tell something had happened in the past. She told me she had been in a horrible car accident and shouldn't be alive, which kinda threw me off. I vaguely remembered hearing about the accident but wasn't 100% sure that I had. The great part of it all is that she's the most motivated person I've yet met in terms of helping people in similar situations. She's studying hard at school to become a therapist so she can help people get through their ordeals and live their lives to the fullest.

I can easily say I wasn't only impressed with her commitment but knew with no doubt she'd get there. It was refreshing to say the least. She is still the same sweet girl from high school, but now with a known goal that's entirely within her grasp.

No comments: