Thursday, May 26, 2005

so far so good...

well, it's been hot as hell today, and I'm sitting at work not very motivated. I've been plugging passwords into Password Gorilla and it seems ok. One of my main concerns was keeping my passwords current on any computer. So I came up with a couple of batch files that auto uploaded the password dat file. I'm not a huge fan of this though, as my password has to be kept as plain text in the ftp command text file. We'll see if I can't come up with something better.

2 comments:

testa killz said...

wow man, your pretty hard core about this pword organization aren't you....seems to me the more complicated you make it, the easier it is to break into. What you need is the web equivalent to a claymore mine. I'm sure google can help.

jesse said...

Hey, if a M$ security expert says to do it one way, then I think I'll listen!

actually, having built database driven sites, I know how other sites might want to leave the encryption/hashing alone. And I'd rather them not be able to get my stuff.